Friday, October 9, 2009

Dreams of Paris, as always







So it has been a very busy week of back-to-school assignments, exams and dreary mornings,and yet in another part of the world the crisp autumn leaves have begun falling, early-morning croissants are being spread with jam, and of course, fashionistas are tottering around cobbled lane ways, their heels making that self-assuring click-clack of confidence that fierce heels seem to give, and waking up to early morning front-row seats at shows rather than seats in maths class. Know where I'm thinking of? Why Paris, of course! Even though I wasn't able to be there myself (obviously!), endless pictures on style.com have transported me to the magic, enchantment and exhaustion of Paris fashion week.

One of my favorite shows, Mui Mui, was a sweet combination of embellishments, sheer and sharp tailoring topped of with toung-in-cheek animal prints of cats and birds (excluding a slightly less innocent print of a nude lady lounging). I esspecially loved the little-girl frocks topped of with Rapunzel-Esque plaits and beading.

But What I most love about this collection is not the 1920's beading, or even the kooky cats, but the sheer wearablility of it all. I'm all for dream-like and extravagant fashion, but sometimes the dreamiest clothes are the ones you can see yourself actually wearing and living in, as yourself, and not anyone else.

Lady-Bird Kisses,
Erinna.

1 comment:

  1. such a beautiful show! and yes I agree, as much as I enjoy looking at the more extravagant collections its so much more satisfying looking at clothes which are actually wearable.

    ReplyDelete